必威体育官网登陆nolen gurer payeshorchaler payesh/ rice pudding with date jaggery / molasses is the most favoured desserts in 必威体育官网登陆Bengali homes for any occasions.If there is any dish that is as ancient as the human civilization itself,it is theparamanna or payesh or payasam or kheeras we commonly know it.Rice and milk boiled together and sweetened with sugar cane was the food that has been the traditional offering to the gods for thousands of years.孩子们在印度文化和这里的生日庆祝活动中吃的第一种食物，如果没有这些，仍然是不完整的。
But the most celebratory of this,specially in Bengal is perhaps the nolen gur er payesh or the khejur gur er payesh.The vibrant lush green fields,the gentle and breezy sway of palm,椰子，date and areca nut tree,ponds tethered with fishing nets,mud houses,vast open blue sky- that's rural Bengal for you.
当冬天来临时，每一个渴望的灵魂都满怀希望地梦想着"RAS"the sap that is being collected slowly in the pots tied securely to the sky touching tall date palm trees.Somewhere in thealponaadorned courtyards huge preparation works would be going on.The earthen hearth built newly for the purpose will be getting ready,the huge iron cauldrons or卡德海will be put on the fire and slowly the saps collected in clay pots would be emptied out on the kadhai.A gentle stir in the vats,the precise control of the heat,and under the watchful eyes of a adroit housewife,slowly the sap turns magically into treacle,infusing the aura with its heavenly scent..this will then be left to set in earthen vessels and left to mature.
A delightful breakfast ritual of luchi and patali gurer payesh marks the wintry Sunday mornings in many 必威体育官网登陆Bengali homes.真的，what could be the better way to start the day than this?新鲜的果味和神圣的戈宾多·博格大米（没有巴萨蒂不能拿着蜡烛）在一起，构成了一种香味和味道的美丽的香料。with divinity written in every morsel.
必威体育官网登陆Bengali chaler payesh is also an important part of many pujo rituals like 科贾加里·拉克什米pujo.
- Milk: 500ml
- Rice (gobindo bhog) : 6 tbsp or almost ¼ cup
- Bay leaf: 1 or 2
- Raisins and fried cashews : a handful
- Take 500ml of milk in a vessel and bring it to the first boil.Add the bay leaf and the cardamom pods.
- Continue with the boiling of milk till it reduces slightly or thickened a bit.
- 现在慢慢加入浸泡过的米饭，继续搅拌。Cook it on a low flame till the rice become soft (till the rice cooked up to 60 - 70 %).
- Add the sugar now and cook for few more minutes till the sugar dissolves completely.
- At this stage rice will be sweetened enough and payesh / kheer should have homogeneous consistency.
- That is rice and milk should not look separated when pouring from a spoon.
- Take off from the heat and add the date jaggery,mix it well with the milk.Now on a very low heat keep on stirring till the jaggery melts completely and is incorporated well.
- Serve hot or cold as dessert or with puris.
Stirring continuously means do not leave it for few minutes otherwise rice and milk will be separated.
Rice should not be overcooked (rice should be cooked up to 80%).
If you melt the jaggery on a high flame,牛奶会凝结。Best practice is to crush the jaggery completely,把一勺牛奶加到美洲虎上，melt it completely and then add that to the payesh / kheer.I generally do not heat the payesh after adding the jaggery.
This blog post has been re edited and updated.