Post 1 : Count down to Durga Pujo 2018 Series
The gray skies are slowly transforming into azure blue.The chill and coldness of monsoon clouds are slowly mellowing into autumnal warmth.没有什么比这更能给郁郁寡欢的脸和精力充沛的头脑带来欢乐的了——孟加拉语普尔科·卢奇与阿洛和库姆罗合唱团，他们拥有一种神奇的触摸，可以照亮任何人的心必威体育官网登陆。
充满了激动人心的消息，与您分享所有的藏红花被授予为”必威betway88体育Top 10 必威体育官网登陆Bengali Food Blogs"由博纳普。You can read ithere.
…and here I am back with my new series of posts,curated specially for the most celebratory occasion in any 必威体育官网登陆Bengali's life- Durga pujo,starting from today onwards""count down to Durga Pujo 2018 series".
These new series of posts will not only feature new 必威体育官网登陆Bengali recipes,but we will also republish some of my old posts too that need some serious revamp and few roundabout posts too,not the kind of""10 必威体育官网登陆bengali food to eat before you die".
露西不是食物，it is an emotion.当你的感觉被吹得又紧又直的时候，那种情绪就会膨胀，淹没你的感官。Luchi is also not 必威体育官网登陆Bengali version of poori.It is different.Like sun and moon.It is every 必威体育官网登陆Bengali's pride.Luchi is our culture,our heritage,our tradition,our passion and our everything else.Just like football.We breath luchi,we dream luchi,我们渴望Luchi，我们也梦想Luchi……和kosha mangsho,和Cholar Daal一起，with begun bhaja,with芦荟，,withchaler payesh,,加白糖。The last one many might not be familiar with unless you are a"必威体育官网登陆bengali born".Because,I think every bong child has gone through that special phase in their childhood,the 必威体育官网登陆Bengali version of"Joy Joy yes Mumma,eating sugar no Mumma".
Luchi has now become an integral part of any 必威体育官网登陆Bengali celebratory meal,from special occasions to weekend breakfast rituals to offering bhog /offerings to deities,luchi is almost essentially everywhere.But time traveled few hundred years back,in medieval times,no one had ever heard about luchi.Just imagine how boring their life could be?Pun intended.In those archaic times,rice cakes or pithas used to be part of any celebratory meal or for a lavish breakfast spread.But with new rulers came new culture,which was totally distinct from the aboriginals way of life and culture.新文化带来新食物，new customs,new traditions and new techniques.It is not clear when and under what circumstances wheat flour was introduced into then Bengal,but soon people started loving this new grain.Refined flour was always considered as a status symbol,and soon Bengal's elite class had fallen for it.There are some references in medieval texts from Bengal that luchi made with refined flour was a part of""bhraman bhojan"以前在饭后吃。Once it got the nod from the upper or higher castes,it slowly trickled down into rest of the societal hierarchy.That's how every caste based society functions.
从那时起，these powdery white puffed deep fried bread called"luchi"had secured its indispensable position in 必威体育官网登陆Bengali cuisine.
Luchi – aloor chorchori connects straight to the heart.恭喜星期天。The essential Sunday luchi rituals that had been a tradition in my family since childhood.My mom from whom I have inherited my cooking skills had made a unwritten law of the house that we must indulge once a week for a healthy mind,read happiness.The kind of smile that adorned the lips when your eyes are feasted on puffed up luchi.Yes they must be puffed up and should be able to hold their puffiness,ain't you are no luchi experts,as written somewhere in an illusory luchi bible ….
When it comes to luchi,邦格通常把他们分为两组——一组在露西继续唱颂歌——杜姆阿洛和另一组在露西唱出他们的心声——阿洛的合唱中点缀着黑格拉。
We belong to the latter group. But my mom made it a point that there is no fun having so much carbs in the morning,so she will religiously pair it with sweet yellow pumpkins to balance the carb intake.现在，typically bong doesn't connects potatoes with carbohydrates.But my Ma does and so we.把土豆的故事留到别的时候。
Typical bong luchi are essentially powdery whitish in color that comes from using maida or bleached refined flour but with time we had moved forward to make it little better by adding whole wheat flour.
Hence brownish in color.
Colour doesn't matter nor the rituals.Memories are timeless and priceless and that matters.
There are ways to prepare luchi.Here are few versions –
Version 1 for us mortals– the regular breakfast rituals- Refined flour or maida,pinch of salt,精炼油，温水揉揉。Deep fry in refined oil.
Version 2 for Gods & Goddesses– Refined flour or maida,捏糖，pure cow ghee,热牛奶揉。Deep fry in pure cow ghee.
版本3for those who believes that eating deep fried refined flour will instantly clog their arteries and will labeled them as diabetic,that includes me too .
Here what I do – mix refined flour and whole wheat flour into 70:30 ratio (strongly believes that 30 percent whole wheat can save my life).Sprinkle two-three tablespoon of sooji that makes the luchi little crisper.Depending upon my mood,I add sometimes ghee or refined oil into the flour.Knead the dough with lukewarm water.Deep fry in refined oil.Drain them on absorbent tissue paper.最后一步非常重要。Do not skip that.
- Whole wheat flour : ½ cup (optional)
- Ghee / refined oil : 1 tbsp to knead
- Oil for deep frying
- Warm water as required to knead
- Potatoes : 3 medium size
- Pumpkin : cut into thin strips around half of potato quantity (optional)
- Refined oil : 3 tbsp
- Nigella seeds : ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder;a large pinch (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar : ½ tsp
- Green chillies : 2-3 cut into slits
- 我给你一个选择，在面团中加入全麦面粉。But if you want pure 100 % maida luchi,then do not add whole wheat flour to it.
- In a wide bowl,sift the flour and salt together.Add the required amount of oil/ ghee to knead.Usually one tbsp is enough,you can add little more to make it more flaky.
- Rub the ghee/ oil into the flour thoroughly till the flour looks like bread crumbs.
- Keep lukewarm water ready for kneading.
- Add the warm water in stages,一次揉一点面团。
- It will take around 15 minutes to knead the perfect dough for luchi.
- Dough will be smooth,little stiff but pliable that is it will readily yield to the pressure of your fingers.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let ti stand for half an hour.
- Heat enough oil in a deep bottom kadhai (they are the best to fry the luchi).
- Knead again the dough lightly and divide the dough into small portions.通常部分是核桃大小。比你用普通的罗蒂面团做的要小。
- Grease well your rolling pin and your surface on which you will roll out the dough.
- Add a drop of oil into the dough and start rolling it out and makes small round shape disc.因为有了油，一次只能向一个方向滚动。为了使它圆，keep rotating it with your hand till it is rolled out medium thin (do not make it too thin).
- If the oil is ready,you can right away start with the frying process,else keep them separately on a greased plate covered with a kitchen towel.
- 对于油炸露西，we need hot oil but not smoking oil.Once the oil is ready,drop the rolled out disc gently into the oil,and it will immediately puffed up beautifully.Gently turn it over with slotted ladle and fry the other side for 30 seconds or like.
- Drain it immediately on absorbent kitchen towel.Finish the rest of the dough like this.
- 传统上，Aloo合唱团只包含土豆，但正如我在博客文章中所说，我们还添加了南瓜，to minimize the carb intake.
- If you want you can skip the pumpkin entirely.
- Wash and peel both the potatoes and pumpkin and cut them into longish strips,这是纵向的或楔形的，不完全是朱丽叶。
- Heat the oil in a kadhai or frying pan.Temper the oil with the nigella seeds,add the potatoes and pumpkins (if using).
- Throw in some green chillies slit from the middle.
- Sprinkle salt and turmeric (you can skip it too)
- Let it fry on high heat till all the vegetables are lightly browned and well sautéed.
- Lower the heat to the minimum and cover the pan with a tight lid.
- Let it cook through in its own steam.We do not add water while making any chorchori.
- It will take another 15-20 minutes.
- Once done,sprinkle a pinch of sugar and give a nice stir.Switch off the heat and keep it covered.Keep it for another five more minutes till the sugar dissolves.
- Serve it warm with phulko luchi or paratha.
Stay tuned for more,,